Monday 23 March 2020

QRP Guys Multi Z Tuner started

I got down to making the QRP Guys Multi Z Tuner 10-40 this evening.  The first thing I noticed was that my eyes really aren't what they used to be.  Even with glasses on I could have really done with a pair of these:

                                  or this    


My ageing eyes aside, I dove in and got started.  The project does not have a lot of components so the construction isn't too difficult however there are some challenging bits to keep you on the ball but the instructions are top notch.  The first step is joining some PCB pieces together with solder to create the "chassis".  Once complete I began installing parts per the checklist:




Aside from the standard components there is a small toroid to be wound with a center tap.  This went fine.  It's been a while but it all came back pretty quickly.



By the end of the evening I had everything together except for the most challenging part, the large transformer.  For that I will wait until my eyes aren't tired and there is some natural light.  Here is the finished product for this evening.



Back at it tomorrow.  Cheers es 72/73 de Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment